The Cold-Hard Facts:
1. Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH) occurs in approximately 1 in every 2,500 births (1,600 cases in the U.S. each year)
2. The cause of CDH is not yet known.
3. CDH occurs when the diaphragm fails to form or to close totally and an opening allows abdominal organs into the chest cavity – This inhibits lung growth
4. Roughly 50% of babies born with CDH do not survive
research being done and virtually no media coverage
6. Jack received approximately 25 units of blood in his first 2 weeks of life to keep him
Did you know about CDH before it effected your child, your grandchild, your friend or your neighbor? Most people have not and that is why we are taking this opportunity to bring awareness to this often fatal birth defect. And what better way than to help others by collecting much needed blood donations to help people in need in our community.
Holy Trinity and Team Jack are teaming up to host a blood drive to raise awareness for CDH. The drive will be held in a donor bus located in the parking lot of the Holy Trinity Church beginning at noon on August 4, 2012. Appointments are taken every 15 minutes but walk-ins are also welcome. Double red cell donation is also an option. Please inform me if this is something you are interested in scheduling or want more information.
After your donation, stick around for some fun, music and corn-on-the-cob at the Holy Trinity Festival. All donors will receive a $2.00 credit towards kids games at the festival which officially starts at 5pm. Saturday’s band is 3Day Rule with Final order on Friday and Ooh LaLa on Sunday. Be sure to check them out.
If you aren’t the blood donation type or aren’t eligible, don’t worry. It’s not for everyone. But come on over and raise awareness with a good time.
The Quick and Dirty:
CDH Awareness Blood Drive Holy Trinity Festival
August 4, 2012 August 3-5 2012
Prior to the Holy Trinity Festival 2420 Drex Avenue
2420 Drex Avenue Cincinnati, OH 45212
Cincinnati, OH 45212 Friday 6pm – midnight with Final Order
Noon- 6:00pm Saturday 5pm – midnight with 3Day Rule
To schedule an appoitnment: Sunday 3pm – 9pm with Ooh LaLa
Kaytee at 513-607-4011 OR
See you there!